Harlequin is committed to sustainable development and our corporate responsibility in this area forms a fundamental part of our business strategy. We believe that sustainability is a team effort across the entire company, driven and supported by our board of Directors.
We continually monitor the environmental impact of our manufacturing processes and operations and ensure that every department works together to plan, measure and improve our social and environmental performance.
This plan will be reviewed annually to demonstrate our ongoing commitment to reduce carbon emissions across all our operations and to improve our overall sustainability.
Harlequin Working Practices:
- Harlequin works closely with partners, customers and suppliers to ensure that we continue to develop sustainable practices, products and services.
- We provide business-wide training, advice and information to all team members to encourage the development of new environmental initiatives within the workplace.
- All departments commit to reduce unnecessary waste by re-use and recycling.
- We will continually review and, where possible, implement more energy efficient processes in our own production and those of our suppliers.
Harlequin Vinyl Flooring:
- All Harlequin vinyl flooring products achieve the highest BRE Green Guide rating of A+
- All raw materials used in the manufacture of Harlequin vinyl flooring are REACH (Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals) compliant and do not contain any SVHC (Substances of Very High Concern) in concentrations greater than 0.1% (w/w)
- All Harlequin vinyl flooring products contain no CMR (Carcinogenic, Mutagenic, Reprotoxic) Category 1 or 2 substances.
- All Harlequin vinyl flooring products are free from formaldehyde and are classified as conforming to Class E1.
- All Harlequin vinyl flooring products have been tested for VOCs, achieving Intertek’s Clean Air Gold Certification for emissions and complying with both BREEAM (Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Method) and LEED (Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design) requirements for good air quality.
- All Harlequin vinyl flooring is 100% recyclable.
- All Harlequin vinyl flooring contains between 23% – 30% post manufacture recycled content.
- Harlequin conforms to the recommendations of Vinyl Plus, the European PVC industry’s commitment to sustainable development.
- Harlequin runs a proactive ‘Take Back’ scheme under which products from post installation and post use are recycled into second life products.
- Since Harlequin Floors introduced their ‘committed to recycling’ scheme, diverting material away from landfill, the programme has saved 93 tonnes of CO2 emissions.
Harlequin Wood Flooring: